AMD Fx-6300 is 6 Core processor with a base frequency of 3.5 GHz. Gamers are always in rush to overclock their PC’s and push them to extreme limits.Overclocking a CPU is on luck.Same CPU can have different max overclocked speed.If You are upto Overclocking AMD fx-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz here is a quick guide for it.
Overclocking AMD fx-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz upto 5GHz
If you are upto overclocking AMD fx-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz you should have a good cooling system.On stock cooling we prefer you to go upto 4.0GHz.With a custom air cooling you should be near about 4.5 to 4.6 GHz max.If you are using a Water cooling you could go near to 4.8GHz by a slight increase in voltage for stability. With a custom Water cooling you could even push to 5.0 GHz but do check for temperatures.Always remember to overclock from the bios not from software’s.
Here is a step by step procedure for overclocking AMD fx6300 Vishera 3.5GHz.
- Turn on your computer and Open The Bios
- Click on Advanced Mode
- Goto The Ai Tweaker
- Set the AI Overclock Tuner to D.O.C.P mode
- The CPU Ratio is the multiplayer which is where we are going to be overclocking AMD fx-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz
- Turn off Turbo Core technology
- Set CPU/NB frequency to 2000MHz
- Set HT link speed to 2400MHz
- Disable CPU spread spectrum
- Disable PCIE spread spectrum
- Disable EPU power saving mode
- Enable CPU load line calibration
- Enable CPU/NB load line calibration
- Set CPU and NB voltage to manual
- Set CPU/NB voltage to 1.225 Volts for stability
- Now go to advanced tab
- Click on CPU configuration
- Disable Core C6 State and HPC mode
- Set APM Master Mode to Auto
Now Using the following formula you can get the required frequency you want:
Frequency = CPU Ratio X CPU Bus frequency
Hope it helped you! For any query please leave us a comment!